Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jose Manuel Jose Manuel is offline

Default Is there an option for a Previous record

Hi! I need to merge some cards. The cards have information in both sides, so
I need the information like name and address in page 1, and other info like
mail and phone in page 2 (back).

The problem is that I cannot find an option for the "Previous record" (like
the one of "Next record"). I need to go back 8 records at the top of page 2
in order to merge the other information of the same records of page 1.

Do you know if there is such a thing? What would you recomend?

Thanks!

Manuel
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The following article by two of the regular contributors here may help:

http://www.gmayor.com/duplex_merge_data.htm

(There isn't a "Previous record" feature)

The other approach requires you to
(a) have a label layout that is two sides long
(b) use SET fields to make temporary copies of the data in each record
on the front for re-use via REF fields on the back. e.g. if you just
have one field, "frontfield" on the front and one field, "backfield", on
the back, then you would do something like

(card1)
{ SET myback1 { MERGEFIELD backfield }
}{ MERGEFIELD frontfield }

(card2)
{ NEXT }
{ SET myback2 { MERGEFIELD backfield }
}{ MERGEFIELD frontfield }

(card3)
{ NEXT }
{ SET myback3 { MERGEFIELD backfield }
}{ MERGEFIELD frontfield }

etc., then on the back you would use e.g. with a 2x2 card layout

(card2 back)
{ REF myback2 }

(card1 back)
{ REF myback1 }

etc.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Jose Manuel wrote:
Hi! I need to merge some cards. The cards have information in both sides, so
I need the information like name and address in page 1, and other info like
mail and phone in page 2 (back).

The problem is that I cannot find an option for the "Previous record" (like
the one of "Next record"). I need to go back 8 records at the top of page 2
in order to merge the other information of the same records of page 1.

Do you know if there is such a thing? What would you recomend?

Thanks!

Manuel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article €śDuplex Merge Data for Postcards€ť on fellow MVP Graham Mayors
website at:
http://www.gmayor.com/duplex_merge_data.htm
If that information is of use to you, please do consider contributing to the
maintenance of that website to ensure its continued availability.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news