Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Patrick[_4_] Patrick[_4_] is offline

Default printing address labels

I'm trying to print address labels from MS Word (v 2003) but they come
out wrong.

I have made a Word-table with address fields linked to an Excel-file
containing the adresses. The Word-file can be downloaded from
http://www.geocities.com/patrickmeur...setiketten.doc. The
adresses appear perfectly in the table but when I print them, the grey
colour of the address fields is printed along, as if the text has been
highlighted in grey markup pen. I can't hide the grey with 'Format'
'Borders and patterns'.

I've never had the problem before. Maybe it has to do with my (new)
printer, a Canon MP620.

Can anybody help me? Thanks alot!

Sincerely,

Patrick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try this:
a. save your mail merge main document (adresetiketten.doc) in .rtf
format.
b. re-open the document. If you lost the connection to the data
source, reconnect it.

That worked here, but it may rely on a particular version of the rtf
converter or some other factor.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Patrick wrote:
I'm trying to print address labels from MS Word (v 2003) but they come
out wrong.

I have made a Word-table with address fields linked to an Excel-file
containing the adresses. The Word-file can be downloaded from
http://www.geocities.com/patrickmeur...setiketten.doc. The
adresses appear perfectly in the table but when I print them, the grey
colour of the address fields is printed along, as if the text has been
highlighted in grey markup pen. I can't hide the grey with 'Format'
'Borders and patterns'.

I've never had the problem before. Maybe it has to do with my (new)
printer, a Canon MP620.

Can anybody help me? Thanks alot!

Sincerely,

Patrick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Patrick[_4_] Patrick[_4_] is offline

Patrick wrote:
I'm trying to print address labels from MS Word (v 2003) but they come
out wrong.

I have made a Word-table with address fields linked to an Excel-file
containing the adresses. The Word-file can be downloaded from
http://www.geocities.com/patrickmeur...setiketten.doc. The
adresses appear perfectly in the table but when I print them, the grey
colour of the address fields is printed along, as if the text has been
highlighted in grey markup pen. I can't hide the grey with 'Format'
'Borders and patterns'.

I've never had the problem before. Maybe it has to do with my (new)
printer, a Canon MP620.

Can anybody help me? Thanks alot!

Sincerely,

Patrick

Thanks a lot Peter for your quick answer and advice.

I'd tried converting it to RTF but that didn't work with me.

I've discovered the problem today. There's a button in the Mailmerge
Taskbar to highlight the mergefields. That was on by accident, and
apparently if it's on, there's no way you can remove the grey markup,
neither through Format, nor in the printer menu. Also, the grey
highlighting is always visible in the document. Only in the print
preview you can see the difference with the 'highlight mergefields'-
button on or off.

Regards,

Patrick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds like you are not actually executing the merge, but just printing a
preview of the results in the mail merge main document.

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.