Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
leonco leonco is offline

Default 2 labels per page printing with the same name and address

Followed the suggestions about creating the {next} in the posts and inserting
in my project. (2 postcards on same page in word 2007) Still get the same
address on both.

Pop up says you cannot insert a "next" in the field. Even tried to do it
outside the address block, in and out of the address block following the
first address and before the second record address block.

Tried using the insert next record from the rules on the ribbon and the same
pop up comes out.

Perhaps I need to be in some different type of "mode" before it will take?

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Pop up says you cannot insert a "next" in the field.

You shouldn't be able to insert a { NEXT } in another field, no.

In the scenario you describe I would guess that you have two table
cells, one for each postcard (but you might have 3 cells, say cell one
for postcard 1, cell two acting as a "spacer" and cell 3 for postcard
3), and a single ADDRESSBLOCK field in each cell. You should be able to
a. ensure field codes are displaying using Alt-F9
b. put the insertion point immediately before the second ADDRESSBLOCK
field (i.e. between the beginning of the cell and the beginning of the
ADDRESSBLOCK field.
c. press ctrl-F9 to insert the special field code braces {}
d. type NEXT in between. You should only need 1 NEXT field.

It sounds as i you've tried that already, but why not follow those steps
and tell us where it went wrong.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

leonco wrote:
Followed the suggestions about creating the {next} in the posts and inserting
in my project. (2 postcards on same page in word 2007) Still get the same
address on both.

Pop up says you cannot insert a "next" in the field. Even tried to do it
outside the address block, in and out of the address block following the
first address and before the second record address block.

Tried using the insert next record from the rules on the ribbon and the same
pop up comes out.

Perhaps I need to be in some different type of "mode" before it will take?

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
leonco leonco is offline

I got it to work by deleting the text box and instead using a table.
Inserted the fields in each line and then on the second postcard I inserted
the next record from the ribbon menu in "rules" . It worked like a charm. I
think the problem is that I as a user assumed the starting point is a text
block made with a text box. That is why you cannot insert the next
record. Changing to a table with one column did it for me.

Thanks for the help.