Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mohammed T Shoukry mohammed T Shoukry is offline

Default How to use Arabic diacritics in writing arabic ligatures

when I try to write Arabic ligatures like lam Alif and insert the dicritics,
the shal of the diacritic changes as in إلا this is without dieacritics but
when I try ti insert a shadda or a fatha, teh shape changes like in إلّا is
there a solution to that?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure what the problem is -- if you want the shadda on top of
the lam, then type lam - shadda - alif; if you want the shadda on top
of the alif (??), then type either lam - alif (and the ligature
appears; you could also here type the lam-alif key) and then type the
shadda.

Your example looks perfectly normal in the font used for this message.