Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HeatherMcC HeatherMcC is offline

Default Word 2007 Crashes when Saving Files

Word 2007 crashes when I try to save a file. The computer is running Vista
and Office 2007. I can't save any files. I can copy the text and paste it
into Wordpad then save. My other computer has Office 2007 but I use XP. I
have not had this issue with it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Helder Steve Helder is offline

I am having the same problem. It seems to happen on older word documents
then saving via save as. It doesn't matter what format to save it as. (doc
or docx). This is Word 2007 on Windows 7

I have run Word in Safe mode and still have the problem.
I have run Microsoft Office Diagnostics and that did not reveal any issues.
I have tried a registry fix thar removes the Data Key and this hasn't fixed
it.

Note as well that I can take the same document to another computer running
Word 2007 and Windows 7 and there isn't an issue.

I checked and I have all of the updates installed for Office/Word 2007.