Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly

Default Dental office going paperless, trying to create templates

We are trying to create forms for patients to save in their electronic
charts. How do I create a template from one of our forms that have blanks to
be filled in by my staff?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

You can use form fields for data entry and a table for formatting the form to
look the way it looked on paper. You enter in the text of the form into the
table and in an adjacent cell place a form field.

To access form fields right-click on any visible toolbar and select forms.

After inserting the form fields at the appropriate locations, click Tools in
the menu, select Protect Document and then click the Form Fields only option
button to limit data entry to form fields.

You might want to check out the Tables discussion group for more detailed
information on working with tables.
--
Kevin Backmann