Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie

Default Defaults on a Newly Created Normal.dot

Is there any way when a new normal.dot gets created for a user to have the
font default a different font other than Times New Roman?

Here is a senerio.
Our company wants the default font to be Arial 10. Existing users can
manually change this by modifying their normal.dot file. However, when a new
user starts Word for the first time, we would like their normal.dot file to
be created with Arial 10 instead of Times New Roman. We do not want the new
user to have to manually change this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you created document templates for the types of documents you want the
employees to use and made these universally available, it would not matter
what the users' did with their normal.dot files. They could even use them as
intended.