Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Default template styles based on normal/ autonumbering strategy

Is it a good approach to base styles in a template you build on the normal
style? My gut tells me no; there needs to be segregation between them. But, I
do not really have an expanation as to why this would not be a good practice.
Anyone have any ideas about this?

Also when building a heading level based on outline autonumbering, is it an
important strategy that you define 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on numbered levels
based on the previous numbered heading level? Again, my gut says yes, but I
am fuzzy about why this might be important or useful.

Thoughts on these topics would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

I have reviewed the autonumbering document. I see now the benefit of basing
numbered heading styles on the previous headiing level style.

Now I am just wondering about the non-numbered heading styles being based
on normal or not.

Thanks for the input so far.

"cayce" wrote in message
Is it a good approach to base styles in a template you build on the normal
style? My gut tells me no; there needs to be segregation between them.

But, I
do not really have an expanation as to why this would not be a good

practice.
Anyone have any ideas about this?

Also when building a heading level based on outline autonumbering, is it

an
important strategy that you define 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on numbered levels
based on the previous numbered heading level? Again, my gut says yes, but

am fuzzy about why this might be important or useful.

Thoughts on these topics would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Some experts will advise you never to base headings or numbered styles on
Normal. I leave them as they are and haven't had any problem, but I probably
don't deal with complex numbering schemes as much as they do, so perhaps
they know something I don't. See also
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...esCascade.html

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For help with outline numbering, see