Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matthew Matthew is offline

Default Firts page of a new section

I am trying to format a document with multiple sections. I have mirror
margins set up so that I always have a wider margin on the outside of the
page, pages are backed. The problem I'm having is that when I insert a
section break, reguardless of whether it is a 'Next Page', 'Odd Page' or
'Even Page' section break the first page of the new section is always
formatted like an 'Odd Page'. More often than not I want my new section to
start on an even page, how can I do this? I need section breaks as my
headers change with the sections.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are you restarting numbering in each section? If so, Word won't let page 1
be an even page.

"Matthew" wrote in message
I am trying to format a document with multiple sections. I have mirror
margins set up so that I always have a wider margin on the outside of the
page, pages are backed. The problem I'm having is that when I insert a
section break, reguardless of whether it is a 'Next Page', 'Odd Page' or
'Even Page' section break the first page of the new section is always
formatted like an 'Odd Page'. More often than not I want my new section

start on an even page, how can I do this? I need section breaks as my
headers change with the sections.

TIA

page number does not appear xppuser Page Layout 6 October 14th 06 09:28 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 05:51 PM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 01:38 AM
First page header/footer appearing on second page as well! JoshMandel Page Layout 4 July 25th 05 06:25 PM
FIrst page footers Noel S Pamfree Microsoft Word Help 7 December 6th 04 09:49 PM