Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stacie Stacie is offline

Default document too big?

I am working on a HUGE document - 536 pages so far and it's 91.3MB at this
point. I have it all formatted, assigned levels to my headings and tried to
create a tabel of contents. As soon as the table is created, Word freezes up
and then goes into its "Not Responding" mode. Is this because my document is
too big?

On the same note, I tried to convert to a PDF. It takes forever, get's up to
about 70% then everything disappears and I get no PDF file.

Only thing I can think is that the document is just way too big maybe but if
that is not it and there is a solution out there it would be very much
appreciated,

Stacie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The thread "Word Freezes when entering TOC" in
microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs, started by
.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"Stacie" wrote in message
What thread, where?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Please follow up in the thread you originally started elsewhere.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stacie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stacie Stacie is offline

I thought they were 2 different sites, didn't know they were linked. Sorry
about that. I did reply over there at office frustrations though if you care
to help me out a little bit more!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The thread "Word Freezes when entering TOC" in
microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs, started by
.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"Stacie" wrote in message
What thread, where?

"Stacie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Whether you post through the Microsoft Communities or through any of a
number of other portals (such as Google Groups), you're posting to a Usenet
newsgroup.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The thread "Word Freezes when entering TOC" in
microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs, started by
.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so