Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
t&lsmum t&lsmum is offline

Default Need help changing font size

I know to change the font size on my computer by typing in a number and
pressing ENTER, but today in MSWord it will not allow me to select the size
font I want. I can only choose from the sizes listed. When I try to type in a
new number it goes to the nearest size from the list and makes an error
'sound' if I try to type in something different. Have tried it through the
drop down box and through Format Font without success.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which font or does it happen to any font?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"t&lsmum" wrote in message
I know to change the font size on my computer by typing in a number and
pressing ENTER, but today in MSWord it will not allow me to select the
size
font I want. I can only choose from the sizes listed. When I try to type
in a
new number it goes to the nearest size from the list and makes an error
'sound' if I try to type in something different. Have tried it through the
drop down box and through Format Font without success.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And this is why the word "D'oh!" was invented. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"t&lsmum" wrote in message
Numberlock was disengaged! Problem solved!

"t&lsmum" wrote:

All fonts

"t&lsmum" wrote:

I know to change the font size on my computer by typing in a number and
pressing ENTER, but today in MSWord it will not allow me to select the
size
font I want. I can only choose from the sizes listed. When I try to
type in a
new number it goes to the nearest size from the list and makes an error
'sound' if I try to type in something different. Have tried it through
the
drop down box and through Format Font without success.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
t&lsmum t&lsmum is offline

JoAnn
I feel some of your responses to my problem were quite patronising and I
looked to this site for help because I am fairly naive about computers, not
to be made to feel like some sort of idiot by you! If you can't assist people
without the attitude maybe you should find something else to do!

"t&lsmum" wrote in message
Numberlock was disengaged! Problem solved!

"t&lsmum" wrote:

All fonts

"t&lsmum" wrote:

I know to change the font size on my computer by typing in a number and
pressing ENTER, but today in MSWord it will not allow me to select the
size
font I want. I can only choose from the sizes listed. When I try to
type in a
new number it goes to the nearest size from the list and makes an error
'sound' if I try to type in something different. Have tried it through
the
drop down box and through Format Font without success.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To be honest, when you discovered that NumLock was engaged, didn't you
experience a "D'oh!" moment? We all have them because we all do "dumb"
things. These are no reflection on our intelligence, just a tendency to
overlook simple things while looking for a more complex solution.

This whole situation interests me, though. Since I don't ever use the number
keypad, and consequently always enter font sizes using the number keys on
the top row of the keyboard, the ultimate solution would never have occurred
to me. Now that I've seen it, I'll try to remember it in case someone else
experiences this situation.

news

"t&lsmum" wrote in message
Numberlock was disengaged! Problem solved!

"t&lsmum" wrote:

All fonts

"t&lsmum" wrote:

I know to change the font size on my computer by typing in a number

and
pressing ENTER, but today in MSWord it will not allow me to select

the
size
font I want. I can only choose from the sizes listed. When I try to
type in a
new number it goes to the nearest size from the list and makes an

error
'sound' if I try to type in something different. Have tried it

through
the
drop down box and through Format Font without success.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It wasn't meant as a mean comment. We all have "D'oh!" moments.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"t&lsmum" wrote in message
Numberlock was disengaged! Problem solved!

"t&lsmum" wrote:

All fonts