Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C. Collings C. Collings is offline

Default Unexpected changes in style formats

I have a document that is copied and updated twice a year. During my recent
updates, the style formats for 'Heading 1', 'Heading 2', 'Heading 3', and
'Body Text' began unexpectedly changing when opening the document.

If I changes the styles to the desired format, save and close the documents
- then re-open the document each of the styles are changed. I cannot perform
an undo, so it doesn't seem like an autoformat issue? This issues now occurs
with all of the similar preceding documents.

Does anyone know what is happening or how I might be able to stop this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Qy4gQ29sbGluZ3M=?=,

I have a document that is copied and updated twice a year. During my recent
updates, the style formats for 'Heading 1', 'Heading 2', 'Heading 3', and
'Body Text' began unexpectedly changing when opening the document.

If I changes the styles to the desired format, save and close the documents
- then re-open the document each of the styles are changed.

Look in Tools/Templates and Addins. Sounds as if the "Automatically update
styles" checkbox is activated, so the document is going back to the "Attached
template" for the style defintions.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org