Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark[_13_] Mark[_13_] is offline

Default Is there any way to place a textbox that does NOT anchor to a paragraph?

Hi,

I am trying to create a document in Word 2007 which needs to have a textbox
FIXED in a specific page and occupying it completely. Let's say that the
textbox needs to be in page #3. The issue I am having is that Word anchors
the textbox to a paragraph and therefore if the paragraph does not end
completely in page 2, it is automatically moved entirely AFTER the textbox
to page 4 or sometimes starts at the very bottom of page #3 no matter what
layout options I set.

I want the text to flow from page 2 to 4 (e.g. half of one paragraph in page
2 and the rest in page 4) without moving the whole paragraphs to the next
page. It seems that the problem lies in that Word anchors the textbox to the
paragraph.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Mark wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create a document in Word 2007 which needs to have a
textbox FIXED in a specific page and occupying it completely. Let's
say that the textbox needs to be in page #3. The issue I am having is
that Word anchors the textbox to a paragraph and therefore if the
paragraph does not end completely in page 2, it is automatically
moved entirely AFTER the textbox to page 4 or sometimes starts at the
very bottom of page #3 no matter what layout options I set.

I want the text to flow from page 2 to 4 (e.g. half of one paragraph
in page 2 and the rest in page 4) without moving the whole paragraphs
to the next page. It seems that the problem lies in that Word anchors
the textbox to the paragraph.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance

No. Word has never had the ability to flow text around a full-page textbox
or floating graphic.

Within Word, your only option is to reposition the textbox after all other
editing is complete, splitting a paragraph into two if necessary. If you
have Publisher, use that instead.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman