Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marc Marc is offline

Default Place a table sideways (landscape) on a normal page (portrait)

I have created a table that is 9 inches wide. I want to turn it 90% counter
clockwise on a normal (portrait) page. I have looked for days on websites to
see how to do this but to no avail. How can I accomplish this?
--
Marc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...apeSection.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Marc wrote:
I have created a table that is 9 inches wide. I want to turn it 90%
counter clockwise on a normal (portrait) page. I have looked for
days on websites to see how to do this but to no avail. How can I
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marc Marc is offline

Interesting article.
Will this work for a table that will cover multiple pages? In other words,
will the frame allow the table to go over the several pages with the
formatting, header row repeating, and rows not splitting?

Or, ugh, do I need to split the table for each page and then add each piece
(10 of them I estimate) to a separate frame on a separate page?
--
Marc

Marc wrote:
I have created a table that is 9 inches wide. I want to turn it 90%
counter clockwise on a normal (portrait) page. I have looked for
days on websites to see how to do this but to no avail. How can I
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think you misunderstand... The table with your data, which runs multiple
pages, does not go in a frame. It's simply an ordinary table in the text,
but the section that contains that text is formatted to be landscape rather
than portrait. As such, the table will break normally across pages, and
header rows will work. If you want the rows not to split, set that option in
the Table Table Properties dialog.

The table that goes in a frame (in one of the variations in the article) is
anchored in the header of the section, and it contains only the page header
text and page number. Having that text in a table allows you to rotate it;
it will be 90 degrees from the main text of the section, which will make it
look horizontal when the page is viewed in portrait orientation. Because
this table and its frame are anchored in the header, they'll repeat on each
page of the section.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Marc wrote:
Interesting article.
Will this work for a table that will cover multiple pages? In other
words, will the frame allow the table to go over the several pages
with the formatting, header row repeating, and rows not splitting?

Or, ugh, do I need to split the table for each page and then add each
piece (10 of them I estimate) to a separate frame on a separate page?

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...apeSection.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Marc wrote:
I have created a table that is 9 inches wide. I want to turn it 90%
counter clockwise on a normal (portrait) page. I have looked for
days on websites to see how to do this but to no avail. How can I
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is no "frame" (except for a portrait page number if desired). When you
choose landscape orientation, your table functions just the same as it would
in portrait orientation except that it's wider and shorter. It will flow
from one page to the next just the same.