Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cre Cre is offline

Default How do I recover unsaved files?

Yesterday I was working on an assignment from MS word that I retreived from
my yahoo account. Between 11pm and 12am yesterday night i thought I saved
this document to the existing one. When I checked my yahoo account today
this document seems to have not been saved! I have used all the methods I
could think of to recover this document. If anyone knows how to do a special
recovery pleeeeeease let me know so I can continue to work on my assignment
for my midterm.
Thank you Cre
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If a document was not saved, there is nothing to recover. If you opened the
document directly from an attachment, any changes you made were made to a
temporary file, which was deleted when you closed Word. Always use Save As
to save the document to your documents folder before editing.

"Cre" wrote in message
Yesterday I was working on an assignment from MS word that I retreived

from
my yahoo account. Between 11pm and 12am yesterday night i thought I saved
this document to the existing one. When I checked my yahoo account today
this document seems to have not been saved! I have used all the methods I
could think of to recover this document. If anyone knows how to do a

special
recovery pleeeeeease let me know so I can continue to work on my

assignment
for my midterm.
Thank you Cre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't know anything about yahoo mail accounts other than as with any other
mail account you should not be editing files opened from them without first
saving them locally. See if You should never open Word attachments directly
from e-mail - however it *may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm helps you locate the missing
temporary file.

Cre wrote:
Yesterday I was working on an assignment from MS word that I
retreived from my yahoo account. Between 11pm and 12am yesterday
night i thought I saved this document to the existing one. When I
checked my yahoo account today this document seems to have not been
saved! I have used all the methods I could think of to recover this
document. If anyone knows how to do a special recovery pleeeeeease
let me know so I can continue to work on my assignment for my midterm.
Thank you Cre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cre Cre is offline

Hi Mayor,
Sorry to bother again but I was trying your method and when I get to the
second step all that pops up is a folder titled Temp, thereafter I click the
Temp file hoping to find Temporary Internet files or OKL44....what i get are
a bunch of files with one titled Temporary Internet Files so I decide to
click that and I get a folder named Content. IE5, in that folder are 4 more
folders and a index video cd movie. I am good at following instruction so I
dont know whats wrong now, any suggestions?

Cre

Cre wrote:
Yesterday I was working on an assignment from MS word that I
retreived from my yahoo account. Between 11pm and 12am yesterday
night i thought I saved this document to the existing one. When I
checked my yahoo account today this document seems to have not been
saved! I have used all the methods I could think of to recover this
document. If anyone knows how to do a special recovery pleeeeeease
let me know so I can continue to work on my assignment for my midterm.
Thank you Cre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Search that temporary internet file area for your document - it may or may
not still exist there. - the OLK44 folder is peculiar to Outlook. I don't
use Yahoo mail so cannot check.