Alan Chimbwadambwada

Default Can't open word document in a removable accessary

I typed my paper on a zip disk in a removable external drive. I think the
disk might be full because I had backed up many file into it. When I wanted
to add more writing on it, it would not pull up. It gives such messages as
"disk may be too full, document may be corrupted, etc." But the disk menu
does not even open up so that I might delete some of the files. What can I
do?
Graham Mayor

Never ever read from, write to or print from removable media with Word. This
is the most certain method of ensuring document corruption. Copy to the hard
disc and work on the documents from there and copy back when you have
finished. In this instance not only is the document corrupt but so is the
disc (another frequent result of this folly). You *may* be able to restire
the disc by running Windows scandisc utility on it, or more likely you'll
need file recover software to attempt to salvage it.