mbrown

Default Macros

Everytime I open Word, I get a message about enabling Macros. Every time I
click on "enable Macros". How can I get this to be permanent and not get the
message constantly?
Jay Freedman

mbrown wrote:
Everytime I open Word, I get a message about enabling Macros. Every
time I click on "enable Macros". How can I get this to be permanent
and not get the message constantly?

Go to Tools Macro Security. On the first tab, verify that Medium is
selected (it probably is, since that's what causes the message instead of
silently disabling macros).

On the second tab, check the box for "Trust all installed add-ins and
templates". Click OK, then close and reopen Word. That should stop most of
the messages.

If you still get messages, there may be an add-in stored in Word's "Program
Startup Folder" (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\ Startup, or the
equivalent if you installed Word somewhere else). You'll need to move any
such add-in to Word's "real" Startup folder. See the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm, and
particularly footnote 1.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Macros Barbara Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 04 07:24 PM
In Office Word 2003 how eliminate message "macros are disabled"? CuriousBill Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 10:59 PM
How do I enable macros in Office XP? Richard Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 04 02:47 AM
How do I copy new macros in Word 2002 from administrator to my wo. Papa Microsoft Word Help 2 November 28th 04 04:13 AM
Macros in Normal.dot BenJ Microsoft Word Help 3 November 26th 04 11:08 AM