PL PL

Default Can't save my word document!!!

I'm working on a document since 4 months, and today, I can't save any
modification! When I try to save, an error occurs (you know, the one with the
window that says "would you like to send an error report to Microsoft... bla
bla") and then all the Word documents close... Weird... Can somebody help me?
I must finish this document soon! Thanks.
BobT

This used to be an issue with Office and various anti-virus products. Turn
off your anti-virus and try saving. If it's successful, then it's this old
problem, which can be (usually) fixed by installing the latest service pack
for Office (or re-installing the latest version if you've already installed
it).

If turning off the A/V doesn't fix the problem, re-enable it (so you don't
forget) and try rebooting the PC.

"PL PL" wrote:

I'm working on a document since 4 months, and today, I can't save any
modification! When I try to save, an error occurs (you know, the one with the
window that says "would you like to send an error report to Microsoft... bla
bla") and then all the Word documents close... Weird... Can somebody help me?
I must finish this document soon! Thanks.

ivcchelpdesk

Have you tried saving it with a modified name? Are you trying to save it to
a network drive or a local drive when you receive this message? Have you
checked the properties of the document to make sure it is not set as "read
only"? ~ivcchelpdesk

"PL PL" wrote:

I'm working on a document since 4 months, and today, I can't save any
modification! When I try to save, an error occurs (you know, the one with the
window that says "would you like to send an error report to Microsoft... bla
bla") and then all the Word documents close... Weird... Can somebody help me?
I must finish this document soon! Thanks.

PL PL

Thanks to both. I tried to save with a new name, on another disk, with and
without A/V, I tried to reboot. It doen't work. I tried to select all pages
and copy to a new document, but only the 1st page appears... as an
image!?!?!? Evil is in my PC! I also checked the doc with AVG and Trend micro
A/V and there's nothing wrong. Don't know what else to do...

"PL PL" wrote:

I'm working on a document since 4 months, and today, I can't save any
modification! When I try to save, an error occurs (you know, the one with the
window that says "would you like to send an error report to Microsoft... bla
bla") and then all the Word documents close... Weird... Can somebody help me?
I must finish this document soon! Thanks.

ivcchelpdesk

If you have the cd's for your version of Office, I would suggest Custom
Install and select Repair. See if this fixes the problem. Are you having
issues with other applications? If yes, it may the OS. Try a Repair on the
OS. You can also go to microsoft's website and look for updates that are
specific to your Windows and Office versions. ~ivcchelpdesk

"PL PL" wrote:

I'm working on a document since 4 months, and today, I can't save any
modification! When I try to save, an error occurs (you know, the one with the
window that says "would you like to send an error report to Microsoft... bla
bla") and then all the Word documents close... Weird... Can somebody help me?
I must finish this document soon! Thanks.

Graham Mayor

It sounds like your document may have a minor corruption - see if
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm helps. It may also be
worth checking out the following link:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm
and with Word closed, check for orphan files which can perpetuate the
problem -
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm