Saucy

Default Style in Word

I have created some new style heading and would like to add them for cross
reference but this will only allow me to see them if they are followed by
automatic numbering which I do not want. Cross references can only be
inserted if they have numbers against them and not without. Any answers
please?

Saucy

I thought of that but the only thing it does not do is change the references,
say for instance, in my document I have Schedule 1 and Schedule 2, 3 etc then
I delete Schedule 2 it does not update the field like it would if I were to
delete clause 3 and 4 becomes 3 when I update my field. Thanks

"Saucy" wrote in message
I have created some new style heading and would like to add them for cross
reference but this will only allow me to see them if they are followed by
automatic numbering which I do not want. Cross references can only be
inserted if they have numbers against them and not without. Any answers
please?

Charles Kenyon

Ctrl-A, F9

Select document, update fields.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can bookmark them and then cross-reference the bookmarks. Or, if you
use
any of Word's built-in heading styles, they will automatically be
available
for cross-references.

so
all may benefit.

"Saucy" wrote in message
I have created some new style heading and would like to add them for
cross
reference but this will only allow me to see them if they are followed
by
automatic numbering which I do not want. Cross references can only be
inserted if they have numbers against them and not without. Any answers
please?

Convert Word 2003 documents to WordPerfect formate Carol Microsoft Word Help 6 March 9th 06 07:11 AM
Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM
Basic macros query - where are they assigned to? Bert Coules New Users 15 January 18th 05 12:28 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Can a style become font-neutral? F A L Page Layout 5 December 3rd 04 01:12 PM