Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan

Default Page margin changes to default settings not kept after I log off

When I change the default settings for my page margins and my font, the
settings will only change until I log off. When I log back onto the network,
the page margins and font are set back to Word's default settings. I'm
trying to permanently change my settings to one inch margins all around and
Arial 11pt.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Joan wrote:
When I change the default settings for my page margins and my font,
the settings will only change until I log off. When I log back onto
the network, the page margins and font are set back to Word's default
settings. I'm trying to permanently change my settings to one inch
margins all around and Arial 11pt.

In general, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm.

There are a couple of things that can prevent customizations from
"sticking":

If a network login script automatically replaces your Normal.dot template
with an "official" one from the server, go complain to the network
administrator. Normal.dot is intended to be a personal scratchpad for
defaults, but some companies try to lock their employees into the corporate
look-and-feel. If this is what's happening, there may not be much you can do
about it.

If you have Acrobat 7.0, its Word add-in has the nasty property of
preventing Normal.dot from being saved. See the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman