Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimmy Clay Jimmy Clay is offline

Default Defaults

There's a few defaults I'd like to change, but I can't find where it's
possible to do so.

First, I'm creating a lot of Callouts, and every time I do it tries to
used the Normal style, which I've changed to a large font. So I'd
like the Callouts to default to a different style with a smaller font.
Can that be done?

Second, I'm doing a lot of screen clips. I'd like to get the Text
Wrapping to default to "Top and bottom," with .12 space above and .25
space below. Can that be done?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The callout is easy enough - save the callout formatted with whatever style
you like as a formatted autocorrect entry for (say) #co type #co to enter
the callout of your choice.

As for the screen clips, I think I would insert them in line and set the
paragraph style format as required to give the spacing above and below.

If you have a lot of screen clips and callouts to work with, you may find
SnagIt 8 well worth the expense. You can configure the style and colour of
its callout function and editing screen captures is a breeze. I couldn't
manage my web site graphics without it.

Jimmy Clay wrote:
There's a few defaults I'd like to change, but I can't find where it's
possible to do so.

First, I'm creating a lot of Callouts, and every time I do it tries to
used the Normal style, which I've changed to a large font. So I'd
like the Callouts to default to a different style with a smaller font.
Can that be done?

Second, I'm doing a lot of screen clips. I'd like to get the Text
Wrapping to default to "Top and bottom," with .12 space above and .25
space below. Can that be done?

Thanks.

Defaults to RTF format Amanda Microsoft Word Help 6 June 3rd 10 08:16 AM
Need Help Setting Defaults dstar Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 06 01:10 AM
Printer Defaults Catana Microsoft Word Help 6 June 19th 06 05:54 AM
defaults Liz Grant Microsoft Word Help 1 June 19th 06 12:57 AM
reset defaults seanpaul99 New Users 6 September 12th 05 03:47 PM