Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeNacIntl MikeNacIntl is offline

Default Word 2003 doc with revision bars doesn't show bars when opened in

To whom can assist:

I have a very large document created in Word 2003, and it has many areas
with necessary revision bars visible for editing purposes. I have opened it
on another laptop with 2007 and the revision bars do not appear. Is there
anyway to make them appear?
Thanks,
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word 2007, use the Review tab (of the ribbon) to work with tracked
changes/markup.

If you are referring to custom toolbars, they will be displayed on the
Add-Ins ribbon tab whenever the template that contains them is loaded as an
add-in.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MikeNacIntl" wrote:

To whom can assist:

I have a very large document created in Word 2003, and it has many areas
with necessary revision bars visible for editing purposes. I have opened it
on another laptop with 2007 and the revision bars do not appear. Is there
anyway to make them appear?
Thanks,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeNacIntl MikeNacIntl is offline

Default Word 2003 doc with revision bars doesn't show bars when opened

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I was referring to the revision bars
that appear beside actual text inside a 2003 document that is being revised
with track changes on. These indications within a document created in 2003
that appear as vertical lines in the margins representing areas of the text
that have been changed do not seem to appear in a 2007 document. Is this
because these types of revision bars were not included in Word 2007?

Thanks

"MikeNacIntl" wrote:

To whom can assist:

I have a very large document created in Word 2003, and it has many areas
with necessary revision bars visible for editing purposes. I have opened it
on another laptop with 2007 and the revision bars do not appear. Is there
anyway to make them appear?
Thanks,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the Review tab, click Track Changes, and then click Change Tracking
Options. Under "Markup," choose an option for "Changed lines" other than
"(none)."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP