Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S2 S2 is offline

Default TOC inconsistently displays tab leader

Greetings all -
I am editing an inherited doc, originating version of Word unknown. I am
using Word 2000, SP3.

At issue: Only some of the TOC headings display the tab leader "..." between
the end of the text and the numbers, like this:
Section 1: Revision History . . . . . . . . . . 2
Section 2: Background 3
2.1 Problem Statement . . . . . . . . . . 3
Section 3: Scope 4
3.1 In Scope 4
3.2 Out of Scope 5
Section 4: Actors . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6

So it doesn't seem to be related to header levels.

I have updated the table fields, no effect.
I have deleted and replaced the TOC, no effect.

In the "Insert, Indexs & Tables" dialog box, the "Print Preview" box shows
as follows:
Heading 1 ............1
Title ....................1
Heading 2 3
Subtitle 3
Heading 3 5

Both "Show Page Numbers" and "Right align page numbers" are checked. "Show
Levels" is set to 3.

I have not altered or edited the format of "Styles" in any way.

Clearly I'm missing some formatting somewhere, but dang if I can find it.
Any advice would be appreciated...

Cheers! S2
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the TOC styles, clear any tab stops before the one at the right margin.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

leader in toc cyoung Page Layout 4 September 11th 06 08:35 AM
Tab leader in TOC stabilo Page Layout 5 October 21st 05 01:20 PM
tab leader in index dar Microsoft Word Help 0 August 16th 05 05:19 AM
Header of Tables displays correctly, body of table displays in foo Barb R. Tables 3 April 20th 05 11:46 PM
How can I use a dot leader? MaryS Page Layout 1 January 13th 05 01:04 AM