ti_puss

Default I cannot undo the 'reveal formatting" for any word document: why?

For all my Word documents, the 'reveal formatting' is set on ... i would
like to disable it but it does not work
Graham Mayor

You can switch it off on an ad hoc basis by clicking the ¶ button or CTRL+*
You can ensure it stays off until you want it by adding the following
macros: These also cover some of the usual problems Word 2003 in particular
has with common preferences, but you can delete the extra lines if you want.

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
ActiveWindow.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
'.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
.FieldShading = wdFieldShadingWhenSelected
.ShowFieldCodes = False
.DisplayPageBoundaries = True
End With
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Drawing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Forms").Visible = False
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
ActiveWindow.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
.FieldShading = wdFieldShadingWhenSelected
.ShowFieldCodes = False
.DisplayPageBoundaries = True
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoExec()
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Drawing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Forms").Visible = False
CommandBars("Mail Merge").Visible = False
Application.OnTime _
When:=Now + TimeValue("00:00:01"), Name:="CodesOff"
End Sub

Sub CodesOff()
On Error GoTo oops
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = False
oops:
End Sub

ti_puss wrote:
For all my Word documents, the 'reveal formatting' is set on ... i
would like to disable it but it does not work

Stefan Blom

On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the View tab. Under
"Formatting marks", clear all options, including the one called "All".
Does this make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:17 PM