Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bagheera Bagheera is offline

Default Selecting text inserts a tab character

I've noticed that when I select a line of text, if I inadvertently continue
to move the mouse to the right, while holding down the mouse button, beyond
the end of the line, Word inserts a tab character at the end of the line.

Holding the mouse button down while dragging downwards can also cause the
next paragraph to indent.

This only seems to happen if the block of text is in a single line, as
opposed to a multi-line paragraph and I wondered if it was something to do
with lists or autoformatting. However, I can't find any options to turn this
off anywhere.

It's rather annoying so I'd really like it to stop, please. Anyone know how?

I'm using Word 2007.