Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jpSQLDude jpSQLDude is offline

Default HIDDEN FEATURE?? Paragraph - not Justified, Distributed!

Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph alignment
-- or something similar.

If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
justified.

But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.

If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options - Indents and Spacing - General
- Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.

But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then the
Alignmnent option shows as blank.

This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007! I cannot find anything
about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.

Any ideas why this would be??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in some
Asian languages. See for example
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...585661033.aspx ("Word features
for East Asian languages").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jpSQLDude" wrote in message
Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph
alignment
-- or something similar.

If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
justified.

But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.

If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options - Indents and Spacing -
General
- Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.

But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then
the
Alignmnent option shows as blank.

This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007! I cannot find anything
about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.

Any ideas why this would be??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jpSQLDude jpSQLDude is offline

But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.

Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.

So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't work via
the dialog boxes.

Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!

"jpSQLDude" wrote in message
Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph
alignment
-- or something similar.

If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
justified.

But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.

If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options - Indents and Spacing -
General
- Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.

But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then
the
Alignmnent option shows as blank.

This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007! I cannot find anything
about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.

Any ideas why this would be??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those of us
who don't have installed Asian language support.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jpSQLDude" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jpSQLDude jpSQLDude is offline

Agreed.

Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?

Thanx!

"jpSQLDude" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
work for Microsoft.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jpSQLDude" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And I don't think "Uncle Bill" does any more, either?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in
some
Asian languages. See for example
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx("Word
features
for East Asian languages").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jpSQLDude" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jpSQLDude jpSQLDude is offline

I was not being ironic. Of course I believe that every person who works for
Microsoft, or is tangentially related to them in any way, can just walk into
the richest person on the planet's office and ask him about some obscure
issue with one of the products produced by the company that he doesn't really
run any more.

"jpSQLDude" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good point.

[...]

[...]