Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brad Brad is offline

Default Odd Appendix Numbering Changes

Am using Word 2007.

I set up appendix numbering in a single file using the following Knowledge
Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290953

When I initially set it up, it worked great, but something happened, and the
appendix numbering changed from A, B, C, D to A, B, C, A.

As a work-around, I tried right-clicking the second appendix A to select
"continue numbering" and to "specify starting number", but I could not get
that to work. :-/

One thing I do recall doing around the time the appendix numbering went
bonkers was that I had changed the last appendix to a 3-column layout. When I
did that a "Section Break (continuous) appeared on the same row as the
appendix heading. I do not know if that is related to my pain and suffering
in trying to resolve Word's mysterious and totally unexpected ways.... :-)

Any ideas on how to get the second Appendix A to correctly display Appendix D?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Place the insertion point in the heading that has the wrong number. Press
Ctrl+Q (which resets paragraph formatting to that of the underlying style).
Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP