Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana Diana is offline

Default Keyboard Combination Alt + P to Insert Path/Filename

I used to have Alt + P defined to insert the path and file name of a
document. I have lost it somehow. Does anyone know how to re-define this
keyboard combination?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Tools | Customize | Keyboard, choose the AutoText category, select
"Filename and path," and assign your keyboard shortcut to that.

"Diana" wrote in message
news
I used to have Alt + P defined to insert the path and file name of a
document. I have lost it somehow. Does anyone know how to re-define this
keyboard combination?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
On Request On Request is offline

Suzanne -- could you post the equivalent operation for Word 2007? I am able
to get Autotext on my Quick Access Toobar, but then cannot locate "Filename
and path". Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Tools | Customize | Keyboard, choose the AutoText category, select
"Filename and path," and assign your keyboard shortcut to that.

"Diana" wrote in message
news
I used to have Alt + P defined to insert the path and file name of a
document. I have lost it somehow. Does anyone know how to re-define
this
keyboard combination?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's not a built-in AutoText entry for that in Word 2007 (unless you
imported it from an earlier version). You can use Insert | Text | QuickParts
| Field to insert the { FILENAME \p } field and then save it as an AutoText
entry/Building Block. It's annoying that MS didn't recognize how many users
rely on this field; they could at least have included it in the Document
Property list (even though it's not, I suppose, strictly speaking, a
Property) or as a built-in Building Block.

"On Request" onrequest@mychoice wrote in message
Suzanne -- could you post the equivalent operation for Word 2007? I am
able to get Autotext on my Quick Access Toobar, but then cannot locate
"Filename and path". Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Tools | Customize | Keyboard, choose the AutoText category, select
"Filename and path," and assign your keyboard shortcut to that.

"Diana" wrote in message
news
I used to have Alt + P defined to insert the path and file name of a
document. I have lost it somehow. Does anyone know how to re-define
this
keyboard combination?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
On Request On Request is offline

Thanks, guidance appreciated!

[...]

news I used to have Alt + P defined to insert the path and file name of a