Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Noah Noah is offline

Default working with mail merge

Dear Mail merge group,

I am working with a mail merge document that has an Excel table as its
data source. The person I'm working with and I are frustrated with the
time it takes for the computer to process our work. The files take
long to open and the updates can take long too.

Could you help us with a quicker way to update than going through
Tools, mail merge, get data, select range, and then waiting for the
computer to process everything? This can take a long time and we do
frequent updates to our merge table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Noah,

Maybe you should save the master mailmerge document for re-use once you've set it up, instead of recreating it each time. After all,
your description sounds like you're using the same source file each time. Once you've done that, its a simple matter to use the
merge toolbar to choose which records to merge.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Noah" wrote in message oups.com...
Dear Mail merge group,

I am working with a mail merge document that has an Excel table as its
data source. The person I'm working with and I are frustrated with the
time it takes for the computer to process our work. The files take
long to open and the updates can take long too.

Could you help us with a quicker way to update than going through
Tools, mail merge, get data, select range, and then waiting for the
computer to process everything? This can take a long time and we do
frequent updates to our merge table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What kind of output do you need?

Do you need to re-run a complete merge? Or do you just need to process each
new record as you add it to the bottom of your Excel sheet?

Peter Jamieson