Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GmaDot GmaDot is offline

Default Where is the tab bar in Vista Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Vista doesn't have Word. Vista is an OS, WOrd is an application part of the
Office Suite family.

If you really have Word, which version and what do you mean by a Tab Bar?

Please note this is the area for asking questions.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I wondered about the "tab bar" thing too. Perhaps the poster means some sort
of tool bar?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Vista doesn't have Word. Vista is an OS, WOrd is an application part of
the Office Suite family.

If you really have Word, which version and what do you mean by a Tab Bar?

Please note this is the area for asking questions.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GmaDot GmaDot is offline

I have the new Microsoft Office Word 2007 and was wondering what happened to
the horizontal bar that sets tabs. Sorry. Gmadot

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I wondered about the "tab bar" thing too. Perhaps the poster means some sort
of tool bar?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Vista doesn't have Word. Vista is an OS, WOrd is an application part of
the Office Suite family.

If you really have Word, which version and what do you mean by a Tab Bar?

Please note this is the area for asking questions.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I suspect the poster mean the ruler, where the tab stops are shown.

If you hover the mouse pointer on the one-pixel border at the bottom
of the Ribbon (or the bottom of the Quick Access Toolbar, if that's
below the Ribbon), the ruler will unhide -- but I find this too hard
to use reliably.

There's a small icon at the top of the vertical scroll bar that you
can click to turn the ruler on and off, or you can go to the View tab
of the Ribbon and click the Ruler box in the Show/Hide group.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:47:04 -0500, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

I wondered about the "tab bar" thing too. Perhaps the poster means some sort
of tool bar?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Vista doesn't have Word. Vista is an OS, WOrd is an application part of
the Office Suite family.

If you really have Word, which version and what do you mean by a Tab Bar?

Please note this is the area for asking questions.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Jay

Good detective work! That makes sense of the question now.

Terry