Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tejas Tejas is offline

Default Icon of PDF Converter into Office Documents

I have seen an Icon to directly convert opened word / excel document into PDF
without going to distiller. I have installed Acrobat reader but this icon is
disappeared.

Can you please help me here?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Acrobat Reader has no function to convert documents to PDF format. It is a
reader!
You need either the full version of Acrobat or one of its clones.
The full version of Acrobat has an add-in that provides the menus etc
required.

Tejas wrote:
I have seen an Icon to directly convert opened word / excel document
into PDF without going to distiller. I have installed Acrobat reader
but this icon is disappeared.

Can you please help me here?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

I read somewhere that there is supposed to be an add-in converter
downloadable from MS, but I couldn't find it on the website. When installed,
add-ins show up under the Title Add-ins and there should be an icon
installed, I would think.

from Dallas, Tejas

"Tejas" wrote:

I have seen an Icon to directly convert opened word / excel document into PDF
without going to distiller. I have installed Acrobat reader but this icon is
disappeared.

Can you please help me here?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

I found it. Go to File (the yellow circle in the top left corner), Save As,
Look for Add-Ins. There it discusses pdf converter--both the MS add in and
from third parties. There is a link to the download location for MS pdf
converter. I intend to download whatever MS provides.

John

"Tejas" wrote:

I have seen an Icon to directly convert opened word / excel document into PDF
without going to distiller. I have installed Acrobat reader but this icon is
disappeared.

Can you please help me here?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

I found it. go to File (the yellow icon at top left), Save As, then Look for
Add-ins. The popup window discusses add-ins for converting to pdf and another
format either from MS or third parties. There is a link to the download spot
for the MS version.