Bob

Default Mail Merge converts text to 0

When I merge an excel document with a word document, the first column is
formatted as a text field. When the documents are merged, the final document
converst the text to numeric and prints out a 0.
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You did not really give us much to go on. What sort of data is in the
field?

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

You could also go to the Tools menu in Word and select Options and go to the
General tab and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item
and then try the different methods of connecting to the data source that
will be presented when you attach the data source to the main document. One
of the methods (probably DDE) may overcome your problem.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Bob" wrote in message
When I merge an excel document with a word document, the first column is
formatted as a text field. When the documents are merged, the final
document
converst the text to numeric and prints out a 0.

Mail Merge Word 2003 Issue S.Nicks Mailmerge 5 February 20th 09 01:55 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Can you use mail merge when the address field is inside a text box Fran Mailmerge 1 December 4th 04 04:28 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 01:31 PM