Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default New symbol

Hi,

How can I put a symbol that it is not in the symbol list? A new simbol?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Symbols merely reflect characters in fonts - if a font contains the symbol
you want then insert symbol will insert it?

Carol wrote:
Hi,

How can I put a symbol that it is not in the symbol list? A new
simbol?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Hi again,

What I want it a shortcut key for the following characters -1 (superscript).
I manage to do macro, autotext but I can save the macro for one word document
to another, and I don't know how to do a shortcut key for the autotext.

Thanks in advance.

Carol wrote:
Hi,

How can I put a symbol that it is not in the symbol list? A new
simbol?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elizabeth A. Bañuelos, MOS Master Elizabeth A. Bañuelos, MOS Master is offline

Hi Carol,

The easiest thing to do is save the macro to your normal template so it
applies to all of your future documents. To do this, open the document in
which you have the macro installed and then go into Tools Macro Macros
and click on Organizer. Choose the macro by name in the left panel, and
click Copy. Then simply click Close in the bottom right of the dialog box,
and your macro has been copied to the normal template. Any new document you
create from New Blank Document, or File New Blank Document, will now have
use of your macro! Hope this helps!

Carol wrote:
Hi,

How can I put a symbol that it is not in the symbol list? A new
simbol?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are using a macro to insert an autotext entry, provided it is saved
in normal.dot it will be available to all your documents. You can assign a
keystroke combination via tools customize - see

Carol wrote:
Hi,

How can I put a symbol that it is not in the symbol list? A new
simbol?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Also, note that you don't need a macro to insert an AutoText entry. You can
assign a keyboard shortcut to an AutoText entry through Tools | Customize |
Keyboard, or you can type the first few letters of the AT entry name and
rely on AutoComplete or (in Word 2007) press F3 to insert. For such a short
entry, however, AutoCorrect is the more appropriate approach.