Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martin martin is offline

Default Auto Text Not Available

I recently installed the Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Professional trial version. When
I attempt add or change informatioin in the header or footer of my documents,
the Insert Auto Text button is disabled. This occurs in new documents or
existing documents.

I have tried uninstalling the Acrobat software, but there has been not
change in Word.

I have seen other posts regarding Acrobat Reader, but nothing that seems to
be related to my header/footer issue.

Can anyone offer some ideas as to how to correct this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The usual reason for missing built-in AutoText entries is that the Normal
template has been replaced with a renamed custom template.

To fix the issue: With Word closed, rename normal.dot; then restart Word to
get a new copy with factory default settings. If you need instructions on
finding the file, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocnotblank.htm.

--
Stefan Blom