Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eener1116 eener1116 is offline

Default remove write protect

Help! I had to buy a USB memory stick for my English class and now it won't
let me save or delete files on it. It has a 1GB capacity and I have less
than 1MB on it right now so that's not the problem. I have searched for a
place to remove write protect but no luck. It's driving me crazy and this is
the only way my professor wants us to submit our essay's. It worked just
fine a couple of days ago and then my MS Word program locked up (as it is
prone to doing) and ever since then I've had this problem. Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The following macro added to a toolbar button will save the document and
copy to your flash drive. Change the drive letter in the macro from Q to
whatever your flash drive letter happens to use. You can configure Windows
to always assign that letter to your flash drive.

Sub CopyDocToFlash()
Dim strFileA As String
Dim strFileB As String
Dim strFlash As String
ActiveDocument.Save 'save the original

strFileA = ActiveDocument.Name 'saved original document name
strFlash = "Q:\" & strFileA 'flash drive filename
' after closing backup file, copy it to USB flash drive
ActiveDocument.Close 'close the document
On Error GoTo Oops
FileCopy strFileA, strFlash 'Copy source to flash
Documents.Open strFileA ' Reopen the document
End
Oops:
If Err.Number = 61 Then 'error trap for missing flash drive.
MsgBox "Disc Full! The partial file created will be deleted", vbExclamation
Kill strFlash
Else
MsgBox "The flash drive is not available", vbExclamation
End If
Documents.Open strFileA
End Sub