Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
a144mb a144mb is offline

Default Label Printing Borders

Unfortunately, I'm a novice at label making/printing in Word. I'm running
Office 2003 SP2 on a Windows XP SP Dell. For now the only question that I
have is that I've observed years ago that you could test print out labels
before actually printing the true labels. How do you show the label borders
on the word document before printing out the labels? For instance, I have
addresses that I want to test print using the Envelopes and Labels feature in
Word. But I'd like to have the program show all the labels on the Word
document before I print -in their own little black rectangle squares
representing the labels. How do I go about turning on that feature? Thanks in
advance for your response(s)!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003, click on Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and
Labels | Labels tab | Options | choose your label product number | OK
| New Document. Click somewhere in the new document, and click on Table
| Select | Table | Format | Borders and Shading | Borders tab | Style:
choose a border line style | Setting: All | OK.

a144mb wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm a novice at label making/printing in Word. I'm running
Office 2003 SP2 on a Windows XP SP Dell. For now the only question that I
have is that I've observed years ago that you could test print out labels
before actually printing the true labels. How do you show the label borders
on the word document before printing out the labels? For instance, I have
addresses that I want to test print using the Envelopes and Labels feature in
Word. But I'd like to have the program show all the labels on the Word
document before I print -in their own little black rectangle squares
representing the labels. How do I go about turning on that feature? Thanks in
advance for your response(s)!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or if you really just want to see (and not print) the label boundaries, use
Table | Show Gridlines instead of applying a border.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...