Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Default Missing dlls

For a little while I have been editing docs I have been receiving messages
saying I have 2 specific MSSpell dlls missing. After some searching I have
discovered this has apparently something to do with proofing tools in the
wrong language. I have not changed anything on my system to cause this to
happen. Does anyone know the reason for this, I would like to know in case
this problem re-occurs.

Luckily I have found the solution and have fixed it so far.

It couldn't be an update or an outside doc which somehow it setting this
change on my system could it?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I got around this by selecting all in a document (CTRL-A) then choosing my
local language under the language option, and positively selecting it (ie
highlighting, and not just relying on the underline.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
For a little while I have been editing docs I have been receiving messages
saying I have 2 specific MSSpell dlls missing. After some searching I
have discovered this has apparently something to do with proofing tools in
the wrong language. I have not changed anything on my system to cause
this to happen. Does anyone know the reason for this, I would like to
know in case this problem re-occurs.

Luckily I have found the solution and have fixed it so far.

It couldn't be an update or an outside doc which somehow it setting this
change on my system could it?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Thanks for that, yes that's how I cured it. I just wondered why it happened
in the first place though?

B.W.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
For a little while I have been editing docs I have been receiving
messages saying I have 2 specific MSSpell dlls missing. After some
searching I have discovered this has apparently something to do with
proofing tools in the wrong language. I have not changed anything on my
system to cause this to happen. Does anyone know the reason for this, I
would like to know in case this problem re-occurs.

Luckily I have found the solution and have fixed it so far.

It couldn't be an update or an outside doc which somehow it setting this
change on my system could it?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

O.K. after curing this for a couple of days, it's back again, what is
causing it?

Any advice please.

B.W.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
For a little while I have been editing docs I have been receiving
messages saying I have 2 specific MSSpell dlls missing. After some
searching I have discovered this has apparently something to do with
proofing tools in the wrong language. I have not changed anything on my
system to cause this to happen. Does anyone know the reason for this, I
would like to know in case this problem re-occurs.

Luckily I have found the solution and have fixed it so far.

It couldn't be an update or an outside doc which somehow it setting this
change on my system could it?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check the language set in Windows regional settings.
Check the language proofing parameter in the normal paragraph style.
From tools language set language - uncheck 'automatically detect'

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Thanks Graham, yes regional settings Australia and English Australian. Also
the proofing parameter in Language etc are as you set out. (This is what I
did originally, but I did go back and re-check.) Bit confused as when I
click on Australian English it is selected (Blue) but a tick appears below
against English US? So I have left the check against English Australia.

B.W.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Check the language set in Windows regional settings.
Check the language proofing parameter in the normal paragraph style.
From tools language set language - uncheck 'automatically detect'