Aleque Aleque is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2010 linking words to a specific page of document

Hi

This topic consists of 2 main issues of similar sort:
1). Linking specific words to take me to a specific section/page of the document.
2). Getting a better overview of the categories within a document for easier navigation.

1). I'm using Word 2010 and I'm currently sorting out my ideas into categories. Often when I find a specific word within a document, I wish I could make it into a link/button to take me to a specific (corresponding) section (or page) of the document - a section where there is a category wherein that word belongs.

2). Also I would love to have sort of "map" (an overview) within word with the main categories so that I can easily jump towards any title of the main category.
For instance I have 5 main categories with all the ideas that correspond to each specific category. At the bottom of the document I have all the miscelaneous ideas that need to be put into corresponding categories (sorted). I mark a piece of text that fits into Category3, cut it and try to figure out where the Category3 starts and ends so that I can paste it at the end of the Category3. It can be a drag figuring out where that category starts and ends, especially if I'm dealing with a document of many pages.

Is there a way of enabling any of those two features I just mentioned?

Thanks in advance

-Alex
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's not really what Word was designed to do (you might want to try
a relational database like Access, or a "notetaking" app), but maybe
the Outline function would help?

--
Aleque

Aleque Aleque is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for your reply
How does the Outline feature work in this context?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can have it show you just the first line of each paragraph, and
you can drag the paragraphs around (and if you use numbered lists, you
can promote and demote the headings and the things under them).

On Oct 15, 4:49*pm, Aleque wrote:
Thanks for your reply
How does the Outline feature work in this context?

--
Aleque

Aleque Aleque is offline
Junior Member