Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ab ab is offline

Default restart page numbering after 20 pages

Hi,

I have a document with multiple sections. I want to have the first 20
page numbers in a Roman numeral format. Then, at Chapter 1, I want to
restart page number in regular formatting, to continue through to the
last page (the rest of the document contains various chapters/sections,
but I want the page numbers to continue). I am not sure how to do this.
I will appreciate any help on this matter.

thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert a Section Break after the 20th page and then with the cursor on Page
21, use InsertPage NumbersFormat to set the starting number for that
section as 1 then click on OK and then on CLOSE. For any other Sections in
the document, set the page number to Continue from Previous by the same
means.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ab" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document with multiple sections. I want to have the first 20 page
numbers in a Roman numeral format. Then, at Chapter 1, I want to restart
page number in regular formatting, to continue through to the last page
(the rest of the document contains various chapters/sections, but I want
the page numbers to continue). I am not sure how to do this. I will
appreciate any help on this matter.

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline