Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott Burke

Default Address block likes to move

I am the IT manager but I dont do much mailmerge. However, Our sales reps
do.

One of the sales reps is having the following problem:
The Address block keeps moving right one tab every page.

I have not done much mailmerge but I find any reason for this.

What could be the reason for this?????
How can I fix it??????

Scott Burke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Two issues here.
1. Don't use the AddressBlock field - it causes no end of grief. Insert the
individual fields that make up the address, laid out as you want them.
2. If there is a tab before the field then the tab is not being introduced
ny the field but either by a conditional field or manually inserted in the
source document. Merge doesn't invent tabs!
You may find http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm useful

Scott Burke wrote:
I am the IT manager but I dont do much mailmerge. However, Our sales
reps do.

One of the sales reps is having the following problem:
The Address block keeps moving right one tab every page.

I have not done much mailmerge but I find any reason for this.

What could be the reason for this?????
How can I fix it??????

Scott Burke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott Burke

Hi Graham, Thanks for your time. Suggestion number one work perfectly.

Have a nice day.

Scott Burke