Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lynda Kinley

Default Adding punctuation inside If-Then-Else with MailMerge fields

I am trying to create a mail merge letter that will have some punctuation
attached to a mail merge field. For example: If Name1 is not blank, then
print Field1 - Field2, else Field1. I would like a hyphen to separate
Field1 Field2 for the true condition, but no hyphen to print if only
Field1(the false condition). Is this possible in Word? I can't seem to
make it work. My version of Word is Word 2002.

Thanks for any help.

Lynda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Try:

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD Name1 }" = "" "{ MERGEFIELD Field1 }" "{ MERGEFIELD
Field1 } - { MERGEFIELD Field2 }" }

where all the {} are the special field code braces you can insert using
ctrl-F9. If that does not give you what you need, can you spell out what
goes wrong?

Peter Jamieson