Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] romat@invalid.net is offline

Default Office Pro CD doesn't open

Since reinstalling Office Pro 2000 following a computer upgrade, there
are a couple of things in Word that haven't worked right, such as
Envelope/Labels. So, I wanted to see if there was a repair option.
However, with Disc 1 the chimes go off but the installer doesn't
open (drive(s) keep spinning for awhile). It does open with Disc 2.
I cleaned the CD with water and cotton cloth, but no luck. Is this the
sign of a fatally damaged CD? If so, how do I go about getting
another? Thanks.

Gene