Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
University of Maine student University of Maine student is offline

Default MS Word 2003/Tabbing thru form

Is there a function, for a Word document Form, that will allow users to
"auto-tab" thru a Form field, so when the user has filled in one field, the
next field is automatically focused on.

I have several "description" fields in a Form I have created, and I would
like to use this function. If there is not a function can it be created in VB?

(I have a background in VB, but I am unsure if the Microsoft Visual Basic
Editor 6.3 has the proper Properties/Methods to create an "auto-Tab"
function)

Many thanks
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, there is no such function, nor is it possible to make one with
VBA. The problem is that there's no event that occurs to fire a macro.

If this is a must-have feature, redesign the form to display a
userform (custom dialog) for data entry, in which you can monitor
every keystroke. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm for a
beginning tutorial.

--