Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
NewAdmin NewAdmin is offline

Default \..\..\..\..\..\..\..\filename.doc (want FULL path displayed)

Hello.
I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003
When I insert a hyperlink I like to see the full path, not the relative
path.

I've searched through Microsoft Office Word 2003 "help" but could not
find it.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

Also, how do I apply this setting for ALL users in my Windows XP
Professional environment?

Thank you,
New

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
NewAdmin NewAdmin is offline

This is how I am inserting a hyperlink:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...yHyperlink.jpg

Thanks!
Windows XP Pro SP2 (build 2600) / MS Office 2003
AVG Anti-Virus 7.1.394 / Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06r1
Processor: 2.80 Gig Intel Pentium 4 / Cache: 1Meg DIMM: (two) 256K

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi NewAdmin,

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003
When I insert a hyperlink I like to see the full path, not the relative
path.

I've searched through Microsoft Office Word 2003 "help" but could not
find it.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

Also, how do I apply this setting for ALL users in my Windows XP
Professional environment?

You're not missing anything: Word just tries to be smarter than the
people who use it. If the thing you're linking to is in the same path
hierarchy, Word generates a relative path. All you can do to force the
full path is make sure the document isn't saved in the same folder
hierarchy.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org