Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TMarie TMarie is offline

Default Footer is only on 1st page of section - How do I fix this

My proposal has a cover letter. At the end of the letter I inserted a
"section break". This ended that page. Technically this is page 2 of my
document, but I'm starting this 2nd page at page 1. This section has 4
pages. At the top of the section, I inserted a footer, made the necessary
page # changes so the 2nd page of my document reflects page 1 on my footer.
The footer is not showing up on the following pages of my document. What did
I do wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The section may have "Different first page" enabled. If so, you don't really
need the section break; a page break will do. This will allow you to leave
the First Page Header/Footer empty and put the page number in the Footer
only. Start the page numbering at 0, and you will get 1 on the second page
(and no number on the first page).

http://word.mvps.org