Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Art Gover Art Gover is offline

Default Text boxes keep moving after Format:Text Box:Layout:Advanced:

I'm using Word 2008 (12.1.5), OS X 10.5.6. I am trying to having two-column
text flow around tables and figures that I place in text boxes that I am
trying to anchor. After inserting and formatting the text boxes, I find that
revisions to certain text, or changing the spacing between certain text
boxes and the text causes the text box to 'jump' to another page. Only
certain text boxes seem to be 'volatile', but I cannot discern what setting I
may have implemented to cause this.

I use the Format:Text Box:Layout:Advanced path and set the text boxes with
absolute measurements relative to the margins. I have been activating the
'Lock Anchor' option, but no other option. I do not activate the 'Move
object with Text' option. I cannot detect any sign that I inadvertantly
formatted the text to affect the text box position. I cannot extract any
help from the Help.