Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
namwob49 namwob49 is offline

Default word 2003 print layout problem

Recently I started getting an extra pane on the left side of the page. It
copies some of the information in the main pane. I don't want it and the way
I get rid of it is to click on the reviewing pane icon (turning it on),
making the left side pane disappear. Then click on the reviewing pane icon
again (turning it off). Then I have a normal view of print layout without
the extra pane on the left. How can I get rid of this permanently?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Some panes that open on the left are Document Map and Thumbnails. Either of
these can be toggled on the View menu.

http://word.mvps.org

"namwob49" wrote in message
news
Recently I started getting an extra pane on the left side of the page. It
copies some of the information in the main pane. I don't want it and the
way
I get rid of it is to click on the reviewing pane icon (turning it on),
making the left side pane disappear. Then click on the reviewing pane
icon
again (turning it off). Then I have a normal view of print layout without
the extra pane on the left. How can I get rid of this permanently?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
namwob49 namwob49 is offline

Thanks so much. Don't know how Document Map was toggled on, but it is off
now and I can stop obsessing about it ;-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Some panes that open on the left are Document Map and Thumbnails. Either of
these can be toggled on the View menu.

http://word.mvps.org

"namwob49" wrote in message
news
Recently I started getting an extra pane on the left side of the page. It
copies some of the information in the main pane. I don't want it and the
way
I get rid of it is to click on the reviewing pane icon (turning it on),
making the left side pane disappear. Then click on the reviewing pane
icon
again (turning it off). Then I have a normal view of print layout without
the extra pane on the left. How can I get rid of this permanently?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Some panes that open on the left are Document Map and Thumbnails. Either
of
these can be toggled on the View menu.

http://word.mvps.org

"namwob49" wrote in message
news
Recently I started getting an extra pane on the left side of the page.
It
copies some of the information in the main pane. I don't want it and
the
way
I get rid of it is to click on the reviewing pane icon (turning it on),
making the left side pane disappear. Then click on the reviewing pane
icon
again (turning it off). Then I have a normal view of print layout
without
the extra pane on the left. How can I get rid of this permanently?

Print Layout Problem Moz Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 08 10:08 PM
Word 2003 - layout problem - footnotes Trish Page Layout 3 August 3rd 07 03:32 PM
Print layout problem James New Users 3 August 2nd 06 01:37 PM
Microsoft Word Print Layout Problem Kotorka Microsoft Word Help 2 May 9th 05 10:02 PM
Word 2003 Print Layout Problem Sue New Users 2 December 29th 04 10:14 PM