Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
difrankel difrankel is offline

Default print 2 landscape documents per A4 sheet

I have created an A4 document in landscape format, and I want to print it
twice on one A4 sheet so that the 2 pages appear as the top and bottom halves
of an A4 portrait sheet. I have tried all combinations in the print dialogue
but I haven't been able to achieve the result I want. How do I do it? I'm
using Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can't do it that way. Instead, from Letters and Mailings, select a
Unistat 73655 label and then click on new document and reduce the size of
your font so that you can paste the text into each cell of the table that
represents the label.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"difrankel" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have created an A4 document in landscape format, and I want to print it
twice on one A4 sheet so that the 2 pages appear as the top and bottom
halves
of an A4 portrait sheet. I have tried all combinations in the print
dialogue
but I haven't been able to achieve the result I want. How do I do it?
I'm
using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
difrankel difrankel is offline

Thanks for your prompt reply, Doug. Unfortunately Unistat 73655 doesn't
exist in my list of available labels - is there another similar one I could
use?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You can't do it that way. Instead, from Letters and Mailings, select a
Unistat 73655 label and then click on new document and reduce the size of
your font so that you can paste the text into each cell of the table that
represents the label.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You could use a similar approach, using the "2 pages per sheet" selection
under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. Again, you'd have
to reduce the print size manually. You can either duplicate the first page
on the second or enter Pages: "1,1" in the Print dialog.

news

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You can't do it that way. Instead, from Letters and Mailings, select a
Unistat 73655 label and then click on new document and reduce the size of
your font so that you can paste the text into each cell of the table that
represents the label.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I find this setting incredibly handy for so many things. For example,
instead of trying to figure out how to feed the stupid inserts that come
with Avery name badges, I just use ordinary blank white 4" x 6" cards. I use
the Portrait layout (which produces two landscape "pages") to print two 3" x
4" inserts per card, then cut them. This would be handy for reusing the
badges even if you used the Avery inserts the first time around.

One big advantage to this approach is that you can have separate styles for
the First Name and Last Name (in my case, usually the First Name is in much
larger type), with the "Style for following paragraph" set so that they
alternate. With First Name formatted as "Page break before," you can type
quite a few badge inserts very quickly by just typing First Name, Enter,
Last Name, Enter, First Name, Enter... and so on. Much less automatic when
you work in a table (as used by the default label definition).