Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
joeB545 joeB545 is offline

Default Printing pages in correct order

I am using Word 2007 to create an event program. The program is to be
booklet style printed on 8.5 x 11 paper, so that the paper is folded in half
to present a sing "page". There are four pages in the document. I want to
print two pages on each side of a single 8.5 x 11 paper. I have already gone
into page setup and set two pages per paper. The question is how to get the
pages paginated properly when printing. I need pages 1 and 4 to print beside
each other on one side and 2 and 3 on the other.

How can I do this in Word? Or do I need to use Publisher to handle correct
pagination in this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
joe B
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

If you use the "booklet" setup Word will sort it out for you. Key in pages in
order: 1, 2, 3, 4.
--
Rae Drysdale

"joeB545" wrote:

I am using Word 2007 to create an event program. The program is to be
booklet style printed on 8.5 x 11 paper, so that the paper is folded in half
to present a sing "page". There are four pages in the document. I want to
print two pages on each side of a single 8.5 x 11 paper. I have already gone
into page setup and set two pages per paper. The question is how to get the
pages paginated properly when printing. I need pages 1 and 4 to print beside
each other on one side and 2 and 3 on the other.

How can I do this in Word? Or do I need to use Publisher to handle correct
pagination in this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
joe B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Sorry, should have called it Book fold. In the Page Set up you will find it
on the margins tab, and halfway down in PagesMultiple PagesBook fold.
--
Rae Drysdale

"joeB545" wrote:

I am using Word 2007 to create an event program. The program is to be
booklet style printed on 8.5 x 11 paper, so that the paper is folded in half
to present a sing "page". There are four pages in the document. I want to
print two pages on each side of a single 8.5 x 11 paper. I have already gone
into page setup and set two pages per paper. The question is how to get the
pages paginated properly when printing. I need pages 1 and 4 to print beside
each other on one side and 2 and 3 on the other.

How can I do this in Word? Or do I need to use Publisher to handle correct
pagination in this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
joe B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
joeB545 joeB545 is offline

I found the margins tab and made the settings the you recommended. This
still did not automatically place the pages in the correct order (at least in
page preview mode). Do I have to physically lay out the pages or is there a
way for Word to figure that out for me?
--
joe B

"joeB545" wrote:

I am using Word 2007 to create an event program. The program is to be
booklet style printed on 8.5 x 11 paper, so that the paper is folded in half
to present a sing "page". There are four pages in the document. I want to
print two pages on each side of a single 8.5 x 11 paper. I have already gone
into page setup and set two pages per paper. The question is how to get the
pages paginated properly when printing. I need pages 1 and 4 to print beside
each other on one side and 2 and 3 on the other.

How can I do this in Word? Or do I need to use Publisher to handle correct
pagination in this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
joe B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

You just need to key in your pages as you would a normal document ie page
one, then page two, page three and page four. Word will print it for you in
the right order with page 4 and 1 on one page and then page 2 and 3 as the
centre pages.
--
Rae Drysdale