M Skabialka

Default Turn off track changes in Word 2003

If someone sends you a document with track changes turned on in it, how do
you turn it off? I tried accept all changes but then it adds more tracking
when I change something.

It was easy in Office 2000 and before - turn it off!. Now the menus have
multiple choices, none of which are obvious, and who knows what they do!

I want to edit it, not track anything, and send it back.

Thanks,
Mich

garfield-n-odie

You don't want to accept all changes. Instead, click on the
"Track Changes" button on the Reviewing toolbar (it's the
second-to-last button on my computer), or press Ctrl+Shift+E, to
turn off track changes.

M Skabialka wrote:

If someone sends you a document with track changes turned on in it, how do
you turn it off? I tried accept all changes but then it adds more tracking
when I change something.

It was easy in Office 2000 and before - turn it off!. Now the menus have
multiple choices, none of which are obvious, and who knows what they do!

I want to edit it, not track anything, and send it back.

Thanks,
Mich

M Skabialka

Thanks, I was looking for something simple and this was it!
Mich

M Skabialka wrote:

If someone sends you a document with track changes turned on in it, how
do you turn it off? I tried accept all changes but then it adds more
tracking when I change something.

It was easy in Office 2000 and before - turn it off!. Now the menus have
multiple choices, none of which are obvious, and who knows what they do!

I want to edit it, not track anything, and send it back.

Thanks,
Mich

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Word 2003: track changes opens in final view instead of final sho. JenniferLee Microsoft Word Help 2 April 19th 05 06:25 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM